Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mudville


It’s a sad day in Mudville.


The mighty Casey has in fact struck out. I caught a sharp rock on the side wall of my John Deere, and blew the tire. This is very disconcerting for me. It’s just a tool, I know, but it’s the not able to use part of it that drives me crazy. Also, it’s expensive and time consuming to get this resolved. I’m really looking forward to the hours and hours of work ahead of me.


Erika started out with the sort of expected, “if you had only ……” I don’t get it. It’s a tool that broke. Not abused, just used. While it is upsetting, and expensive, it’s just a tool. It doesn’t have feelings or emotions. We humans are the ones with the perceived problems.


The best I can do is to get it fixed on Wednesday. I’ve ordered two new front tires. I want to make the tractor better than before, so replacing the other tire will help with that. It’s just a tool. Even as much as I love my tractor, it is still a tool. But it’s hard to not get myself all emotional over this.


Yes, it is still a sad day in Mudville.

No comments: